- Operation and Maintenance of Type 1 Subtitle D Sanitary Landfill including automated refuse collection for approximately 5,500 residential customers.
- Brush Chipping / Leaf Collection Program including processing brush and collecting leaves prior to delivering them to the landfill's compost area. The materials are processed and converted into compost and mulch. Mulch and compost are sold at the landfill to recover costs.
- Operation of Recycling Center includes the collection of aluminum, corrugated cardboard, used newsprint, office waste, mixed paper, magazines, hard back books, HDPE - PETE plastic, and steel. Recycling Center also accepts residential yard waste 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
**Recycling Center - Changes to Acceptable Items Beginning October 1, 2019**
Due to a global decline in the recycling industry and the financial impact it has on the City budget, the City of Fredericksburg Recycling Center will soon be limiting the types of materials it will be accepting from its customers.
Beginning on October 1, 2019, the only materials accepted for recycling purposes at the Recycling Center will be aluminum, tin cans, and cardboard. A grace period will be offered from October 1, 2019 through November 30, 2019, where other materials brought to the Recycling Center will be disposed of in an on-site dumpster and deposited into the Sanitary Landfill. On December 1, 2019, only aluminum, tin cans, and cardboard will be accepted at the Recycling Center. All other materials will be denied.
- Brush Chipping & Leaf Collection Program revisions
- Mulch & Composting Operation
- New Cell Development, landfill office, and scale project