The following benefits are among those available to eligible positions:
- Health Insurance – The city provides group health and life insurance for full time employees. Coverage is effective 30 days after hire date.
- Retirement – The city matches an employee’s required contribution of 5% to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a contribution of 10%. The retirement program contributions begin upon date of hire. Employees vest in the retirement system after 5 years of employment and are eligible to retire at any age after 20 years of service.
- Personal Time Off - Personal time off (PTO) is accrued each pay period and is dependent upon the individual employee’s length of service with the city.
- Holidays – Each eligible employee is paid for 10.5 holidays per year.
- Longevity Pay – Employees with one or more years of service are eligible for longevity pay at the rate of $4 per month for each month of service. This benefit is paid annually.
- Cafeteria Plan – Dependent health premiums may qualify as pre-tax deductions if the employee is enrolled in the city’s cafeteria plan. Other supplemental insurances and health care reimbursements may also be qualified through the same process.
This is provided as general information and does not replace any benefits or procedures as outlined in the City of Fredericksburg Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual or any other applicable administrative policies or procedures. These employee benefits are subject to change without notice by the employer.