Special Event Permits & Rental of City Facilities
On Monday, July 20, 2020, Fredericksburg City Council approved a moratorium for special events on city property effective August 1 through November 1, 2020 and is prohibiting outdoor gatherings of 75 people or more, in order to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community.
In addition to the moratorium on special events, the city council voted to prohibit all other outdoor gatherings, on city property in excess of seventy-five (75) people from August 1-November 1, 2020, other than those gatherings set forth in in paragraph numbers 1, 2, or 4, of Executive Order GA-28 (as amended) issued by Governor Greg Abbott. Events over 10 people but under 75 people would be required to submit a health & safety plan for the mayor to review and ultimately approve before moving forward.
Those planning outdoor gatherings are encouraged to utilize the Department of State Health Services minimum standard health protocols for outdoor events when developing their written health & safety plan. Plans should be submitted no less than two weeks before the planned gathering. Event organizers with questions on the process are asked to call Jennifer Krupa, Special Events Coordinator at (830) 990-2044 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Fredericksburg's hill country location and beautiful scenery make it the perfect location for special events! Each year, the City of Fredericksburg hosts festivals, concerts, parades, races, runs, fundraisers, art exhibitions, swap meets and more.
The Special Events Planning Guide makes it easy for event organizers to navigate the process to obtain a special event permit. The guide assists event organizers through the city permitting process by providing requirements and guidelines necessary to produce a special event in the City of Fredericksburg. You will also find three ways to submit your special event application; (1) type in the application using the writable version; (2) download, print, and write-on a blank application; or (3) complete the special event application online using the link below.
- Special Events Planning Guide
- Special Event Application (writable)
- Special Event Application (blank)
- Complete the Special Event Application online here @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Any event open or advertised to the public;
- Private events larger than 300 people at any one time;
- Closing or partial closure of a public street;
- Blocking City-owned property;
- Sale of merchandise or food and beverages;
- Erecting a tent larger than 200 square feet;
- Placement of a stage, trailer, or other portable structure;
- Placement of portable toilets, temporary no-parking signs, or a fence. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Weddings, reunions, or company picnics with over 300 attendees
- Parades and Processions
- Marathons, Half-Marathons, Fun Runs, Walks and Bike Races
- Concerts and Festivals
- Arts & Craft, Vendor, or Trade Shows
- Book Sales, Carnivals, Car Shows, Swap Meets, Fundraisers and other types of events that use public property and rights-of-way. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>