- City Secretary
Welcome to the Office of the City Secretary
I would like to welcome you to the City Secretary’s web page. The City Secretary and staff are committed to providing quality public service and connecting the public with the legislative process. We strive to ensure that the City’s legislative processes are open and public by providing a link between citizens and government with processes aimed toward transparency. Through efficient use of City resources, we are able to ensure the preservation of Fredericksburg’s legislative history.
We are a technology-driven department believing that technology provides much faster and more easily accessible information.
Our team is here to assist with public records requests, processing board and commission applications for appointment, City TABC Permits, HOT funding request, and elections administration. The City Secretary’s office is responsible for updating and maintaining city ordinances and codes; providing access to legislative meeting information, and receives campaign financial related filings.
If you have any suggestions on how we can better assist you; or if you have questions about our web page or services please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to hear from you.
Shelley Goodwin, TRMC/CMC
NEED ASSISTANCE OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
We are happy to assist you. Please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (830)997-7521.
What is the City Secretary's Office?
The City Secretary’s Office provides citizens with public information and implements requests for city records; attends and prepares official minutes of the City Council meetings, serves as the City's Election Administrator, and serves as the Records Management Officer for the City.
The City Secretary’s Office strives to promote open and responsive government through proper recording and preservation of the city’s legislative history and official documents; providing responsive customer service to our diverse customer base; and conduct fair and impartial city elections.
ResponsibilitiesThe City Secretary’s responsibilities include:
- Giving notice and record actions in minutes of the City Council meetings.
- Official records keeper for the City, including minutes of the City Council, ordinances and resolutions, deeds, easements, contracts, and other City documents.
- Administers all City elections, Early Voting Clerk, and the City’s Records Management program.
- Open Records Request
- Update and maintain City ordinances and codes.
- Issue certain permits and licenses for various operations within the City of Fredericksburg, including City Alcoholic Beverages Licenses, Early Pour Permits, and horse-drawn carriage permits.
- Provide support to the City Council and other departments.
- Post Public and Legal Notices
- Coordinates and tracks History Walk Pavers in Market Square
- Maintains applications for Boards and Commissions
- Stay update on all rules and regulations pertaining to the City.
- Maintain and protect the City Seal.