The following benefits are among those available to eligible positions:
- Health Insurance – The city provides group health and life insurance for full time employees. Coverage is effective 30 days after hire date. Dependents may be added to the City's health insurance and the employee's cost. The health insurance premiums qualify as pre-tax deductions.
- Retirement – The city matches an employee’s required contribution of 7% to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a contribution rate of 2:1. The retirement program contributions begin upon date of hire. Employees vest in the retirement system after 5 years of employment and are eligible to retire at any age after 20 years of service or at age 60 with 5 years of service.
- Personal Time Off - Personal time off (PTO) is accrued each pay period and is dependent upon the individual employee’s length of service with the city.
- Holidays – Each eligible employee is paid for 12 holidays per year.
- Longevity Pay – Employees with one or more years of service are eligible for longevity pay at the rate of $4 per month for each month of service. This benefit is paid annually.
- Flexible Spending Account - An optional flexible spending account for healthcare costs is available to employees and the amount selected qualifies as a pre-tax deduction.
- Supplemental Policies – Employees may enroll in supplemental policies ( disability, accident, cancer, hospital gap, life insurance) at their own cost. Dental and Vision Insurance is also available at the cost of the employee.
This is provided as general information and does not replace any benefits or procedures as outlined in the City of Fredericksburg Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual or any other applicable administrative policies or procedures. These employee benefits are subject to change without notice by the employer.