- Public Works & Utilities
- Water / Wastewater Department
- Water Conservation
- Stage 2 Water Restrictions
Stage 2 - Moderate Water Shortage - Water Restrictions
Stage 2 Schedule & Regulations
All of Stage 1 Requirements shall remain in effect during Stage 2
Addresses ending in:
- 1 or 2 - Monday & Saturday
- 3 or 4 - Tuesday & Saturday
- 5 or 6 - Wednesday & Sunday
- 7 or 8 - Thursday & Sunday
- 9 or 0 - Friday & Sunday
Allowed Watering Methods on Designated Days
- All outdoor irrigation may occur between the hours of 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM and again from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM on designated days.
Watering with Bucket or Other Hand-Held Container
- Watering of plants with a bucket or other hand-held container, hand held hose, or drip irrigation shall be permitted through Stage 4 of watering restrictions without limitation as to the day of the week, however, it can only be done during the hours of 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM and again from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
- The day of the week restrictions do not apply to the irrigation of commercial plant nurseries; however, these establishments shall curtail all nonessential water use.
- Washing impervious cover such as parking areas, driveways, streets, sidewalks, tennis courts, patios, or other paved areas, except to alleviate immediate health or fire hazards, is prohibited.
- The washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes, and other types of mobile equipment is prohibited except such washing may occur on residentially zoned properties once per week on Saturday or Sunday as long as there is no water waste, and further except the washing of vehicles or mobile equipment when conducted on the immediate premises of a commercial carwash or a commercial service station. Furthermore, this restriction does not apply to the washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes and other types of mobile equipment (such as garbage trucks and vehicles to transport food and perishables) when the washing is necessary on a more regular and frequent basis in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public.
- When the washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes, and other types of mobile equipment is allowed, it must be done with a hand-held bucket or hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. The washing of each individual automobile, truck, trailer, boat, airplane or any other type of mobile equipment in violation of the terms and conditions of this restriction constitutes a separate violation.
- Charity carwashes are prohibited.