- Public Works & Utilities
- Water / Wastewater Department
- Water Conservation
- Stage 4 Water Restrictions
Stage 4 - Critical Water Shortage - Water Restrictions
Stage 4 Schedule & Regulations
All of Stage 3 Requirements shall remain in effect during Stage 4
Addresses ending in:
- 1 or 2 - Monday
- 3 or 4 - Tuesday
- 5 or 6 - Wednesday
- 7 or 8 - Thursday
- 9 or 0 - Friday
Allowed Watering Methods on Designated Days
- All outdoor irrigation may occur between the hours of 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM on designated days.
Watering with Bucket or Other Hand-Held Container
- Watering of plants with a bucket or other hand-held container, hand held hose, or drip irrigation shall be permitted through Stage 4 of watering restrictions without limitation as to the day of the week, however, it can only be done during the hours of from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
- Hand-Held - means used or operated while being held in the hand or hands.
- Hose - means a common residential garden hose not more than one (1") inch in diameter which includes a positive cut-off nozzle.
- Outdoor Irrigation by means of Drip Irrigation, watering with a hand-held hose or by buckets, may be prohibited, at the discretion of the City Manager, if specifically included in his or her declaration.
- The day of the week restrictions do not apply to the irrigation of commercial plant nurseries; however, these establishments shall curtail all nonessential water use.
- The Fredericksburg City Council may implement a water rationing program if actions taken do not achieve the water reduction goals.
- The Fredericksburg City Council may institute water surcharges.
- The filling or refilling of water in privately owned swimming, wading, and jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited, however, a variance may be considered. Water may be added to pools to replace water lost due to use or evaporation on designated outdoor water use days.
- A variance may be considered to allow multiple platted lots with common ownership and single address to combine total outdoor watering hours.
- The watering of golf course tees and fairways is prohibited unless the golf course utilizes treated wastewater effluent or other water sources than provided by the City of Fredericksburg potable water system.
- Bulk sales of water for purposes other than potable consumption and sanitation are prohibited.