¡Por Vida! Healthy Food Program
Looking for healthy restaurant options? Check out ¡POR VIDA!
HCM Oak Tree Café
Ginger & Spice
Clear River Pecan Company
Café at the Ridge
Your establishment can play an active role in the health of the community. Our registered dietitian will review existing menus to establish which items meet the healthy criteria guidelines. We are not the “food police”: we will only offer healthy suggestions upon request. If a menu item fits, we ask that you identify those items by making the ¡POR VIDA! logo visible to your customers. We will then advertise your establishments in our ¡POR VIDA! promotions at no cost.
To sign up, please download and complete the ¡POR VIDA! Information Packet
Here is a summary of how the program works:
- A registered dietitian confidentially evaluates your recipe (s) to determine which ones meet the established healthy nutritional criteria guidelines.
- Qualifying menu items receive the ¡POR VIDA! Designation.
- Food establishments are authorized to use the ¡POR VIDA! logo as they choose for advertising (i.e. new menu, menu insert, menu stickers)
- Your establishment will receive free advertising in our ¡POR VIDA! Promotions.
- You will have access to a registered dietitian for recipe inquiries and staff education, including tips on how to make a recipe healthier without sacrificing taste.
Take into consideration these points regarding the ¡POR VIDA! Program:
- Across the nation, local governments have already begun implementing ordinances to regulate the nutritional content of food establishment offerings.
- It is likely that this trend will continue throughout the United States as healthcare costs and obesity rates continue to rise.
- Food establishments will benefit from taking a proactive approach to address these issues before law requires it.
- Consumers are beginning to expect nutritional information for all food consumed and food establishments may benefit from having this information available.
- The ¡POR VIDA! Program will assume responsibility for the accuracy of the nutritional information based on the recipes submitted. This limits the burden on restaurants.
To sign up, please download and complete the
¡POR VIDA! Information Packet
For general/administrative information, please contact:
Kelli Olfers, R.S. 830-997-7521 Email: email@example.com
For recipe analysis/submission information, please contact:
Mary Kaye Sawyer-Morse, PhD, RDN Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Thornton, RD, LD Email: email@example.com
For more information see Por Vida at Hill Country Memorial Hospital web site.