The Fredericksburg Police Department is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must meet the minimum standards before an application may be accepted. Applicants will be required to perform both physical and written exams. Applicants will also be required to undergo psychological testing, a medical exam and polygraph testing. Applicants that successfully pass through these tasks will be selected to continue to an employee interview board and undergo a thorough background check. Applicants successfully completing all stages will be placed on a New Employee Hiring List. This list will be kept for approximately six months or until the list is depleted.
Minimum Standard Requirements
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and possess a valid Texas Driver License.
- Must be certified by T.C.O.L.E. or have successfully passed the T.C.O.L.E. exit examination.
- Must never have executed at any time a confession to a felony offense, such confession being admissible as evidence against you in any criminal proceeding in any State or Federal Court.
- Must not be under indictment for a felony offense.
- Must not have any felony conviction, or conviction of a crime of moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- Must not be on probation for any criminal offense.
- Must never have been convicted of an offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years.
- Must be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigations.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess an equivalent G.E.D. certificate.
- Must pass a Physical Fitness examination administered by the Police Department.
- Must be examined and certified physically satisfactory by a licensed physician.
- Must be, when applicable, examined and certified mentally and psychologically satisfactory by a licensed psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
- Applicant must have been discharged from military service under honorable conditions, if applicable.
- Must pass a polygraph examination.
- Must meet any other standards set by law or by T.C.O.L.E. policy.
Applicant Physical Fitness Exam and Minimum Requirements
- 1 Minute Sit-Up - 30 repetitions
- 300 Meter Run - 69.1 seconds
- 1 Minute Push Up - 25 repetitions
- 2000 Meter Row - 25% at Level 5