What Do I Do If The Power Goes Out?
Check to see if others are without power. If you are the only one without electricity, check your circuit breaker panel or fuse box. Note that in some homes or buildings, the main breaker is located near the electric meter. If the breakers are in the “on” position or the fuses are not burned out, you will need to call an electrician.

If others are without power, call the City of Fredericksburg Electric Department. On weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., call (830) 997-7521. At all other times, call (830) 997-8080.

If the phone is busy, try again. During an outage extra staff answer phones. Once you have reported an outage, please know that crews are working on the problem. In a major outage, duplicate calls jam the busy phone lines and prevent us from receiving critical storm damage information to help crews quickly repair the problem.

When you call, be prepared to give:

Your name
Phone number
Outage information

Show All Answers

1. What Do I Do If The Power Goes Out?